Liz van Welie Swim School in Tauranga is seeking an experienced swim teacher or teachers who are professional, technically proficient in stroke development and correction, reliable, energetic and personable to support programmes beginning Term 2 2015 (April 21st).
Positions are part time covering after school classes Tuesday to Friday and or Saturday classes.
- Swim Teacher positions (part time)
- Application forms and a job description are available by request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Position 1: Delivering quality learn to swim teaching to children who are independent in the water through to more advanced swimmers preparing to move to squad
- Position 2: Delivering quality learn to swim teaching to parents and babies (8 weeks and older)
- Teaching swimming to classes of children aged 3 years + who are independent in the water
- Teaching learn to swim lessons to parents with babies and toddlers
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient delivery of the swimming lesson programme that LVWSS implements
- Complete administrative duties to support the delivery of an effective programme of coaching and teaching
- Maintain written and electronic records of customers progress
- Implement SMART Moves, Swimming New Zealand and LVWSS programmes
- Develop positive relationships with class participants, their parents and caregivers
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for all visitors to LVWSS
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety policies
- Take part in professional development opportunities as and when available
- A high standard of presentation and professionalism is expected at all times
- Undertake other tasks that may be required from time to time to ensure the efficient and professional operation of Liz van Welie Swim School
- Commit 10 weeks of delivery (aligned with Primary School terms) including weekend work where scheduled
- Strong swimming or swim teaching background desired for older age and more advanced groups
- Experience in working with children and or babies for younger age group
- Reliable, professional, able to handle pressure, customer focus, high standard of personal grooming, good sense of humour, empathy for children and their parents/caregivers, high work ethic, honesty and integrity, ability to focus on the customer and contribute to a fun learning environment
Skills and Qualifications:
While no formal swimming or learn to swim qualification is required, we seek the following:
Applications close Friday 27 February 2015 at 5pm.